Benefits of Corrugated Plastic Containers for ASRS Systems and Carousels
Automated storage and retrieval systems (ASRS) and carousels are designed to maximize effective use of area in producing and distribution facilities with a high storage density, moving large volumes of elements and product in and out.
These systems’ economical use of area will be more maximized by selecting suitably sized and designed plastic containers, totes and bins that fit the storage and retrieval system well and are the right size for the keep elements and product. This enables facilities to scale back wasted area and to extend effective storage capability.
Plastic storage bins made by Flexcon Container, for instance, helped a manufacturer increase storage capacity in its automated storage and retrieval units by more than 19 percent, according to an article in Modern Materials Handling.
Flexcon corrugated plastic bins, totes and containers are designed to optimize use of on the market cube in carousel systems, reducing wasted space, common with other choices, by 15 to 20%.
But size and match aren’t the only issues in selecting containers for ASRS systems and carousels. Strength, deflection and impact resistance also are key attributes to contemplate. For these and other reasons, corrugated plastic containers are glorious candidates for ASRS systems and carousels, both vertical and horizontal.
Why are corrugated plastic containers the right selection for ASRS systems and carousels?
Their benefits include:
1. While increasing space usage, they minimize damage to materials and merchandise throughout storage and handling as they are more sturdy and impact resistant than wrought plastic containers. They stand up well under constant handling by robotic ASRS instrumentality. And unlike wrought plastic, which will crack on impact, corrugated plastic containers resist tears and punctures.
2. They reduce prices as they last longer due to their sturdiness.
3. For custom sized and designed containers required for specialized applications, corrugated plastic containers supply the advantage of requiring less development time than wrought plastic containers–since they don’t need creation of a mold. Likewise, corrugated plastic containers need less production time than wrought plastic containers. Production time for molded plastic will be nearly 5 times longer.
4. They’re lightweight, contributing to the potency of ASRS systems. They help maximize pick rates.
In addition, corrugated plastic containers created by Flexcon feature:
1. Pitched drain holes to prevent collapse of a storage and retrieval system in the event a sprinkler system goes off.
2. Ergonomic style for the economical operation of carousel systems.
3. Design that prevents components migration.
4. Capability of being partitioned to meet changing components storage needs.
To learn more about the advantages of corrugated plastic containers, call Flexcon now at 908-871-7000. Our container specialists are prepared to help you choose the most effective solutions for ASRS and carousel systems.
8 Benefits of Postal Totes
Flexcon creates plastic postal totes that are the answer for a full range of material handling needs – as well as mail room use.
Postal totes not only improve organization and efficiency of mail centers, they also help organize materials throughout the process from assembly and warehousing to shipping and transport.
Flexcon offers a complete range of postal container solutions – mail bins, postal totes, flat trays, flat tubs and postal bins. Our postal totes come in a wide range of sizes, designs and colors to meet your needs.
Other benefits of postal bins include:
1. Made of tough, lightweight plastic for easy handling and long, dependable life. Providing extra strength for heavy loads, some bins feature welded seams and steel rod reinforcements.
2. Cut-out handles make carrying these corrugated plastic boxes and corrugated totes easy and ergonomic for your workforce
3. Plastic corrugated containers resist chemicals, water and impact, providing optimal protection of your materials and products
5. Made of plastic, they last for the long haul, making it easy on your budget. And these recyclable plastic containers are easy on the earth. Because they’re recyclable, these reusable containers don’t take up landfill space when they do come to the end of their lifecycle.
6. Similar sized corrugated plastic totes nest together. This saves you valuable space in your facility when they’re not in use.
7. Our postal totes are made to the same standards as USPS postal containers
8. Our varied available sizes of mail bins, postal totes, flat trays, flat tubs, postal bins, used postal totes, usps postal bin and postal containers will fit most standard carts for transport within your facility
We have been the trusted supplier of postal totes for over 50 years and serve more than 75 percent of Fortune 500 companies. For more information please contact us today.
The Top 10 Benefits of Corrugated Plastic Containers for Material Handling Applications
Corrugated plastic containers, bins, totes, boxes and trays possess many traits that make them the preferred option in every link of the supply chain. Wherever you put them to work, they’ll serve you with optimal efficiency and reliability.
These recyclable containers can be used for intra-facility shipping as well transport from one facility to another. They’re also at home in offices, warehouses, automated storage and retrieval systems and for work in-progress in manufacturing operations.
Following are the top 10 benefits of corrugated plastic boxes, bins and containers:
1. They’re long-lasting. Plastic corrugated containers stay on the job 30 to 50 times longer than corrugated cardboard containers.
2. They’re more cost-effective than the alternatives because of their staying power. You’ll save money, because with corrugated plastic bins and totes, you’ll be replacing containers much less often.
3. They’re good for the environment because corrugated plastic containers are recyclable containers. When they reach the end of their lifecycle, they’ll stay out of landfills, unlike other alternatives, and be returned to use as new products.
5. Corrugated plastic containers offer the highest strength-to-weight ratio. They resist impact, moisture, corrosion, dust and dirt, and most chemicals. And the walls of these containers retain their shape even when fully loaded.
6. They’re available in a wide range of styles and can be made in any size to fit any material handling application you may have—for returnable containers, reusable transport packaging, warehousing, automated storage and retrieval systems, closed and open loop transit applications, pick and pack, and a wide range of functions on production floors.
8. Corrugated plastic totes, trays and containers are the choice of the U.S. Postal Service because of their long-proven record for durability through high-volume use.
9. They’re made of material that complies with FDA food storage regulations and are made to withstand a wide temperature range.
10. Plastic corrugated containers are space savers. They nest in one another when empty, between uses, saving valuable space. In carousels and other storage systems, reusable plastic containers maximize space usage, compared to competing container options that can waste 15 to 20 percent of shelf space.
Flexcon sales representatives are ready to help you select the most appropriate corrugated plastic boxes, trays, bins, totes and containers for any material handling application you may have. Contact us now.
Top 10 Reasons Plastic Postal Totes Are Better Than the Alternatives
When you’re choosing containers for material handling, corrugated plastic postal totes offer many advantages over the alternatives such as corrugated cardboard. Following are the top 10 reasons corrugated plastic mail totes and bins are your best choice:
1. Lightweight and strong. Plastic postal totes, bins, trays and containers offer the best strength-to-weight ratio, compared to other types of containers. With lighter weight, you reduce shipping costs. Yet, these containers are made strong to carry more. Welded seams and steel rod reinforcements provide plastic mail totes and tubs extra strength to manage heavy loads.
2. Long-lasting. Plastic mail totes stand up to the rigors of everyday use in about any environment—inter and intra office use, storage, warehouses, in transit, even manufacturing. They last 30 to 50 times longer than corrugated cardboard containers. And according to the U.S. Postal Service, corrugated plastic mail or postal containers last an average of seven to 10 years.
3. Lower cost per trip. Because of their durability and exceptionally longer lifespan, plastic mail totes cost much less when you calculate their cost per trip. The initial cost may be more, but the cost dwindles in comparison as you spread it across the dozens of uses you get out of a plastic mail tote.
4. Nestable. Between uses, plastic mail totes help you save valuable space. That’s because like-sized postal totes are able to nest in one another.
5. Drainable. Plastic postal containers feature pitched drain holes. This design enables water to drain out, preventing a storage system from collapsing under the weight of water in the event that a sprinkler system is set off. Your insurance provider may require this risk-lowering design feature.
6. Easy to clean. Not only that. They’re also resistant to dirt, moisture and grease, unlike the alternatives.
7. Easy to carry. Plastic mail containers are ergonomically designed with convenient hand holes that make them easy to carry.
8. Eco-friendly. Corrugated plastic mail containers are good for the environment, not only because they last longer than the alternatives. They’re also 100% recyclable. So when they come to the end of their lifecycle, they can be ground up and made into new reusable plastic containers, rather than going into a landfill.
9. Wide range of sizes and colors. Flexcon mail totes are available in 12 standard sizes and six colors. But you’re not limited to these options. Flexcon can custom design postal totes to any size and color you need for your applications.
10. Made in the USA. And corrugated plastic postal totes made by Flexcon offer yet another advantage: the quality that comes from being US made.
Contact a Flexcon sales representative today to learn about even more advantages of our corrugated plastic postal totes and to find the containers best suited to your specific needs.